Sustainable Development Principles
Dios participates in Restor-Action Nunavik
The Prospectors and Entrepreneurs Association of Canada (PDAC) has established E3 Plus, a responsible exploration framework.
E3 Plus aims to help exploration companies improve their performance in the areas of social responsibility, environmental stewardship and health and safety and to integrate these three aspects into all their exploration programs.
Exploration Dios has adopted the eight E3 Plus principles and also asks its consultants and suppliers to respect them.
The principles that apply primarily to the Company include:
- Ethical business practices: Dios continues to apply management procedures that promote honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Integrating host communities and other affected and interested parties: During its exploration work, Dios ensures to interact with Aboriginal communities including trappers, organizations, groups and individuals, by demonstrating respect, inclusion and meaningful participation.
- Protecting the environment: Dios conducts its exploration activities in a way that has minimal impact on the environment and applies the principles of sustainable development in all its operations.
In addition, on May 21, 2014, the Company’s Board of Directors passed a resolution making the following commitments as governance in accordance with the principles of sustainable development:
In terms of governance and responsible management, the Company must ensure:
- That employees at all levels understand their environmental and social responsibilities and work to improve their work environment
- Plan, evaluate and manage all projects rigorously to minimize negative effects on the environment and local communities
Responsible project management on land used by other stakeholders requires dialogue. The Company must ensure:
- Develop proactive, open and transparent communication with local authorities (including aboriginal communities), municipal authorities and government agencies;
- To develop proactive communication with other stakeholders in the territory.
In terms of health and safety, the Company must ensure:
- To diligently enforce health and safety regulations in all of its exploration activities.
In terms of the environment, the Company must ensure:
- To diligently enforce environmental regulations in all exploration activities.
In socio-economic terms, the Company either ensures:
- Where possible, generate local benefits and contribute to local development by building constructive partnerships with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal communities, while respecting each other’s interests.