DIOS AU33 Lithium property & pegmatites, James Bay, Quebec
Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Dios Exploration Inc. wholly-owned AU33 property, south of Dios’ Lithium33, covers a further 143 high potential lithium claims for 76.5 sq.km adjacent to Critical Elements Corp. property hosting advanced Pivert-Rose lithium and tantalum deposit.
Within Lower Eastmain Greenstone-belt, Dios’ AU33 claims cover favourable sections of folded Anatacau volcanics at the margins of large Mitsumis differentiated felsic pluton, which includes:
- dominant magnetic tonalite suite with irregular pegmatitic granodiorite pockets/lenses;
- granodiorite suite with frequent sub-horizontal injections.
On adjacent Pivert-Rose property to the south, several east-west spodumene-lepidolite-tantalite-beryl (Pivert-Rose-JR) bearing pegmatite dykes, 10-20m wide, injected the Mitsumis pluton near the western margin of a granite. The Rose deposit has resources estimate at 26.3Mt @ 0.87% Li2O & 138 ppm Ta2O5 (InnovExplo, 2022).
Within Dios’ AU33/Lithium33 projects, in James Bay prolific lithium region of central Quebec, four (4) main lithium target-areas were defined from Dios’ geoscientific data:
- Lithium Lake sediments anomalies clustered along Eastmain River west of EM-1;
- Lithium Lake sediments anomalies clustered in the LeCaron pluton north of EM-1;
- Regional fold-nose of Anatacau volcanics located west-southwest of EM-1;
- Southern flank of the volcanics enclosed within the Mitsumis.
Most targets are located up-ice of larger regional Lithium-Rubidium-Cesium (lake sediments & glacial tills) dispersal train.
Field work is planned on Au33-Lithium33 in the vicinities of EM-1 hydropower facilities. H. Desbiens M.Sc. P. Geo, Dios’ V.P., 43-101 Qualified Person, reviewed this release.
ERIC LEMIEUX, MINING & EXPLORATION ANALYSIS:
- Dios Exploration Inc. reported on February 2, 2023 that has increased the size of the 100%-owned AU33 Property. The AU33 Property is located south of Dios’ Lithium33 property and now covers a further 143 potential lithium-bearing claims for 7,650ha adjacent to Critical Elements Lithium Corp. (CRE-V) property hosting advanced Pivert-Rose lithium and tantalum deposit (https://www.cecorp.ca/en/). The proximal Pivert-Rose property located to the south, contains several E-W spodumene-lepidolite-tantalite-beryl bearing pegmatite dykes, 10-20m wide, injected in the Mitsumis pluton near the western margin of a granite. Main showings are Pivert-Rose-JR. The Rose deposit has resources estimated at 26.3Mt @ 0.87% Li2O & 138 ppm Ta2O5 (InnovExplo, 2022). The mill should process 1.61Mt of ore per year to produce an annual average of 224,686 tonnes of technical and chemical grade spodumene concentrates and 441 tonnes of tantalite concentrate (ROSE LITHIUM-TANTALUM PROJECT- FEASIBILITY STUDY NI 43-101 TECHNICAL REPORT – WSP Canada Inc., July 2022). The ore is contained in several parallel and continuous shallow dipping pegmatite dykes outcropping on surface. The road towards the village of Nemiscau some 50km south crosses the AU33 Property with the large Nemaska lithium deposit (Wabouchi) located near Nemiscau as well as Sayona’s Moblan project further south (see: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sayona-mining-limited-sya-asx-otcsyaxf-reports-new-lithium-lemieux/).
- Defining potential lithium targets: the Dios’ AU33 claims, located within Lower Eastmain Greenstone-belt, cover favourable sections of folded Anatacau volcanics at the margins of large Mitsumis differentiated felsic pluton, which includes: i) dominant magnetic tonalite suite with irregular pegmatitic granodiorite pockets/lenses and ii) granodiorite suite with frequent sub-horizontal injections. Up to 4 main lithium target-areas were defined from Dios’ geoscientific data within Dios’ AU33/Lithium33 projects. These are:
- i) Lithium Lake sediments anomalies clustered along Eastmain River west of EM-1;
- ii) Lithium Lake sediments anomalies clustered in the LeCaron pluton north of EM-1;
iii) Regional fold-nose of Anatacau volcanics located west-southwest of EM-1;
- iv) Southern flank of the volcanics enclosed within the Mitsumis.
Most targets are located up-ice of larger regional Lithium-Rubidium-Cesium (lake sediments & glacial tills) dispersal train. Field work is planned on Au33-Lithium33 in the vicinities of EM-1 hydropower facilities. Recall on June 22, 2022 Dios had reported that it had doubled the land package for its Lithium33 Battery Metal property in Eeyou Istchee James Bay. The Lithium33 covers146 claims for 7,705ha with a ~15km potential lithium trend. The Lithium33 Property is directly adjacent to Dios’ large AU33 gold property and up-ice to the NE of Pontax-Lithium occurrences (lithium-tantalum-bearing pegmatite dikes) discovered and successfully drilled by former joint Dios/Sirios Resources (SOI-V) exploration project. (https://www.linkedin.com/posts/eric-lemieux-9468715_quebec-jamesbay-lithium-activity-6937527623707226112-ljc2?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web) and, as well, was recently increased on February 19, 2023 (see: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/eric-lemieux-9468715_quebec-jamesbay-pontax-activity-7023445471767449600-rFo5?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop).
- Lithium District: Beyond the advancement of the Pivert-Rose lithium and tantalum deposit, Critical Elements Lithium Corp also owns a large land package to the SW and NE of the Wabouchi Deposit of Nemaska. The Nisk property is composed of 1 block totaling 100 claims covering an area of ~5,113ha proximal toe The Route du Nord. It notably hosts the Nisk-1 Ni-Cu-PGE project, which is optioned to Power Nickel (https://powernickel.com/). On February 1, 2021, Power Nickel (then called Chilean Metals) completed the acquisition of its option to acquire up to 80% of the Nisk project from CRE. To the NE, lies the Lemare property, composed of 1 block totaling 232 claims covering an area of 11,196ha for a length of over 20 km in a SW-NE direction. Secondary roads running from a Hydro-Québec power line and permanent gravel roads that run along its NW boundary provide access all through the property. The Arques property is composed of 1 block totalling 136 claims covering an area of ~6,840ha and a distance of some 18km in a SW-NE direction. It is contiguous to the Lemare property on its SE border. The Bourier property is composed of 1 block totaling 304 claims of which 203 claims are optioned to Lomiko Metals (https://lomiko.com/). To the SW, the Duval property is composed of 2 blocks totaling 46 claims covering a total area of ~2,458ha. The Duval main block is contiguous to the Valiquette main block to the NE. The Caumont property is made of 4 non-adjacent claim blocks (Nemiscau Lake, Kename, Caumont West and Caumont East) totalling 94 claims spread over ~5,037ha in the western part of the Lac des Montagnes volcano-sedimentary formation. The formation is locally composed of amphibolite quartz-rich paragneiss, biotite and sillimanite-bearing schist, pegmatite, basalt and ultramafic intrusives. The property is currently recognized for its magmatic nickel (Ni), copper (Cu) and platinum group elements (PGE) potential. The whole area is likely being reviewed for the lithium potential, we highlight that Midland Exploration (MD-V) is investigating the lithium potential of its Shire Project further east (see: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/eric-lemieux-9468715_quebec-jamesbay-lithium-activity-7026367070833373184-lurR?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop). A growing number of lithium focused companies are in the general area such Brunswick Exploration (BRW-V) (see end of: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/brunswick-exploration-inc-brw-v-provides-2022-lithium-eric-lemieux/ and https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/brunswick-exploration-inc-brw-v-expands-lithium-district-eric-lemieux/), Genius Metals Inc. (GENI-V) (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/genius-metals-inc-geni-v-provides-preliminary-ip-survey-eric-lemieux/) and Harfang Exploration (HAR-V) with the Pontax Property (15,323 ha) along the Billy-Diamond Highway, among others (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/harfang-exploration-inc-har-v-reports-results-its-pontax-eric-lemieux/).